August 31, 2007
Three theoretical discussions of the Z(4430) state have shown up on hep-ph in the last couple of days:
August 16, 2007
Belle claims to see a “Z(4430)” as a π±ψ’ structure in B → Kπ±ψ’ decays. This joins the X(3872), Y(3940), Y(4260), Y(4350), and Y(4660) in the zoo of incomprehensible things above DD threshold that decay to charmonia. Unlike the other objects, this one is charged, which means it can’t be a hybrid or conventional charmonium state.
August 10, 2007
At the start of the week, we had a little conference of our own, which went very well, and hopefully this weekend I’ll put up a post on how CLEO sort-of-but-not-really measured the D0 mixing parameter y. But first this: the Cornell Cinema early fall calendar is up. Highlights:
- In Case You Missed It: The Namesake, Grindhouse, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theatres (actually an Ithaca premiere!), Knocked Up, Once, 28 Weeks Later
- In Case You Missed It, Twice: 300, Hot Fuzz
- The Films To Show Us Off To Freshmen: Seven Samurai, The 400 Blows, The Big Lebowski
- Will Anyone Actually Make It All The Way Through This?: Intolerance
- OMG, The Dalai Lama Is Coming: A whole bunch, and you know Kundun is going to be in there. Also apparently Cinemapolis/Fall Creek are also involved.
- With a Name Like This, It’s Gotta Be a Guy Maddin Film: Brand Upon The Brain!